What is APIFM doing about it?
1.CalFresh Healthy Living Produce Distribution
2. CalFresh Outreach & Education
3. CalFresh Advocacy & Resources
This Google Map visualizes grocery stores in Los Angeles County that specialize in serving the Asian American and Pacific Islander populations. Green pins indicate grocery stores that accept CalFresh; yellow pins indicate grocery stores that do not accept CalFresh. Each location point also indicates information regarding WIC.
APIFM partnered with researchers in 2016-2017 to gather insight on barriers to CalFresh utilization and suggestions for outreach in four API communities (Tongan, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Filipinx).
- Perceptions and Barriers to SNAP Utilization Among Asian and Pacific Islanders in Greater Los Angeles (Louie et al., 2020)
Learn more about how you can help API community members access and receive CalFresh support.
- We need your help evaluating the DPSS hotline to ensure that accurate and respectful services are being provided in language
- Call: (866) 613-3777, DPSS hotline number
- Select language choice on menu
- Navigate to CalFresh support
- Connect with CalFresh support representative
- Record experience with in-language support and capacity
- What we’re looking for:
- How long does it take to connect with a representative?
- Are you on hold for a few minutes or hours before transferring to someone?
- Is the live representative fluent in the language you selected?
- Is the live representative helpful? Easy to understand?
If you are bilingual and able to help complete an in-language evaluation call to the DPSS hotline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.